Calendar of Events Guidelines
Experience Columbia SC’s calendar of events exists as a resource for visitors to the Columbia region. Visitors are looking for unique experiences to enhance their trips and will be less interested in events focused on locals and the community. As such, ECSC has developed a list of guidelines to help our regional partners join us in creating a visitor-centric calendar of events.
- Events must be open to the general public and should be appealing to a potential tourist traveling from outside of the Columbia region.
- Events must be located within the metropolitan area of the Columbia region.
- Preference will be given to events that further the mission of ECSC and help our organization’s marketing goals in attracting more visitors to the Columbia region.
- Events or submissions that are commercial in nature (such as special promotions, retail sales, etc.) will not be included on the calendar. Applicable discounts and promotions can be submitted as a coupon via our partner extranet. If you need a partner extranet account, please email Judie VanPatten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preference will be given to events with completed submission forms, including contact information and applicable social media fields. Depending on the extent of missing information, ECSC may deny your event and ask for it to be submitted again with complete information.
- Partners are highly encouraged to submit images for their event with the correct dimensions of 240x160 pixels. A great free online tool for resizing images is Canva.
- All events should have an end date. If an event is submitted without an end date, a date will be chosen at the discretion of the ECSC staff.
- Events with fundraising components will be approved at the discretion of the ECSC staff, while preference will be given to established events that may appeal to potential tourists.
Experience Columbia SC maintains complete editorial discretion over the calendar of events page. As such, ECSC reserves the right to accept, deny or edit all submitted events. ECSC is not responsible for inaccurate information. If you find information that needs to be corrected for your event, please email Kelsey Carmichael at email@example.com. Exceptions to the above guidelines may be madeat the discretion of the Experience Columbia SC staff.