Peachtree Rock Heritage Preserve
Located in southern Lexington County near Swansea, the preserve encompasses 305 acres of diverse ecosystems. The actual Peachtree Rock is a geologic wonder: it has stood for millions of years and is a natural testament to the ancient marine environment that was once here.
- Take Highway 215 (302/Edmund Hwy) south, past the airport toward Edmund.
- Travel until S.C. Highway 6 veers off to the left towards Swansea.
- Follow Highway 6 across railroad overpass for 0.5 mile.
- Turn left onto Peachtree Rock Road after large Bethel United Methodist Church sign.
- The parking area is immediately on your right.
- Before leaving the car, make sure it is locked and all valuables inside are hidden from view, as the lot is unguarded.
- From the parking area, blue and orange markers lead you to the rock. Then the single orange dots mark a 0.5 mile trail and the single blue dots mark a 1.5 mile trail.