Waverly Historic District
- Roughly bounded by Hampton, Heidt,
- Gervais and Harden Streets
- Columbia, SC 29201
Located in the heart of the City of Columbia, Waverly was incorporated in the city in June 1913. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places since 1989, its 192 primarily residential buildings blend Victorian architecture and 1930�s bungalows with new construction. The neighborhood is proud to be a City of Columbia Design Preservation Area.
The residents of the close knit, caring community feel a secure sense of place on their sunny front porches, in their "grapevine" means of delivering news of community comings and goings, and their annual Holiday dinners. And they are intent on insuring the history and the character of their community remains preserved.